My name is Filippo Rivetti and I’m an Italian born time-lapse and hyper-lapse filmmaker and travel photographer; I’m now based in Sydney (Australia) where I lived for the past 10 years, and my work takes me all around the world.
I specialize in tourism/travel campaigns and destination branding and in the production of innovative short films and content for TV and online platforms.
“My style combines time-lapse and hyper-lapse photography to create unique looking videos with high potential of becoming viral.”
Time-lapse is becoming more and more important and present in the majority of recent productions. There are very few photographers specialized in this technique, and my style and post production make my works unique and admired by important clients such as Princess Cruises, Destination NSW, IUCN World Parks Congress and Environment NSW, Italian Tourism and many more.
I also specialize 360 degrees content for social media.
I’ve produced international award winning short films that have been showcased at some of the most important tourism film festivals around the world. My videos have also been featured few times as Vimeo Staff Picks, and have more than 1M total online views.
I recently had a 2 months long photographic and time-lapse exhibition (Nocturnes in a Lapse) over two floors at one of Sydney’s best venue, Customs House, and I also organize photographic workshops mostly on time-lapse technique.
I’m also represented by Dapper TV as director/DP for advertisements in the USA and Canada.
- Crab Story presented at Sydney Film Festival 2017
- Interview on Time Lapse Network
- Princess Cruises New Zealand video on Stuff
- Interview at Creativelive
- Tiny Sydney on Australian Geographic
- Frames of Beauty – Mungo on MINC Magazine
- Cinema Dehors presented at TIFF (Toronto International Film Festival)
- Nocturne in a Lapse on The Eye of Photography
- Nocturnes in a Lapse: a 2 months (May-June 2015) exhibition at Sydney Customs House
- Summer in Sydney on Stuff.co.nz 4 December 2014
- Summer in Sydney on CIM Magazine 3 December 2014
- Summer in Sydney on TravelDailyNews 3 December 2014
- Summer in Sydney on The Courier Mail 3 December 2014
- Summer in Sydney on Herald Sun 3 December 2014
- Summer in Sydney on Perth Now 3 December 2014
- Summer in Sydney on Channel 9 2 December 2014
- Cinema Dehors 3 November 2014
- Daily Mail Australia 5 August 2014
- Seagate Creative 4 July 2014
- dodho online 25 November 2013
- “I contracted Filippo Rivetti to carry out several large-scale content projects in my capacity as Director of Editorial and Content at tourism and major events agency Destination NSW.
Filippo was responsible for delivering timelapse photography packages to promote the state of NSW, including one of its major events, Vivid Sydney, for which Filippo was a key contributor over several years.
Of all the Vivid Sydney content that was picked up by media around the world, Filippo’s work was consistently the most popular, gaining huge media attention for the state of NSW and Sydney in particular.
Filippo also produced a beautiful timelapse piece to promote Summer in Sydney, which proved to be one of the best-performing content pieces in my time with the organisation.
Filippo is the consummate professional, who works tirelessly to produce perfect work every time. His timelapses added a new dimension to the Destination NSW content repertoire and I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone looking for a talented photographer and videographer who can bring a unique perspective to the table.”
Group Head of Communications
- “Our NSW Government Agency (National Parks and Wildlife Services / Office of Environment and Heritage) had the pleasure of working with Filippo Rivetti Photography across two projects. Both have been excellent experiences and I highly recommend using the services of this talented artist.
One was during our global event for World Parks Congress, where Filippo made several timelapse videos for us – including finalising filming, editing and formatting before the conference finished – which we used in the closing ceremony. It showed that Filippo was able to deliver high quality output, as promised, in incredibly tight turnaround times.
Another was some timelapse work (including standard photography) we asked for in some of our most iconic national parks. Filippo dedicated time to camp out in the park, film sunrises and sunsets – bracing cold weather and the elements to achieve and deliver on his goal – highlighting his dedication and commitment to his work.
Both of these projects produced assets that are still being used across marketing services for national parks.
Filippo was an absolute pleasure to work with, always professional, always adaptable to our changing environment and always bringing fresh ideas to the table.”
Principal Service Delivery Manager
NSW Government Planning & Environment